“Our”, “Us” and “We” refers to Velosure Pty Ltd (Velosure) ABN 81 151 706 697 AR 410026 is the authorised representative of the product issuer, The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (Hollard) ABN 78 090 584 473 AFSL 241436. ”You” and “Your” means the person named on the Insurance Certificate as the insured. Eligible customers will receive 30 days complimentary cover from Velosure based on the Premium Bicycle Policy (but with certain variations to the policy as stated below) without any insurance premium charged for the 30 days period. Velosure reserves the right to vary or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
The complimentary insurance provided by Velosure under the New Bike Day promotion will provide cover for your newly purchased bike for 30 days, the first day commencing from the date of activation as indicated on your insurance certificate (“Policy Start Date”), and expiring at 30 days after the Activation Date. The cover provided under the New Bike Day promotion is subject to you complying with the following conditions.
- This campaign is available to a customer who:
- purchases a new bicycle from participating bicycle shops (“New Bicycle”)
- The price paid for the New Bicycle must be between $1,000 and $30,000
- Underwriting criteria apply so, the issue of the free cover is not guaranteed.
- Persons between the ages of 18 years and 83 years of age as at the time of the purchase of the New Bicycle are eligible for the free cover under this New Bike Day campaign.
- You are required to send us the activation SMS to 0457 444 333 within 48 hours of the delivery or collection date of the New Bicycle reflected on the purchase receipt of your New Bicycle, this will provide you with the link to the activation form alternatively you can go straight to the activation form.
- You are required to complete and submit the activation form within six days of Your initial SMS to Us for the 30 days complimentary cover to be valid. If Velosure issues a policy to you, this will be the Activation Date.
Cover and limits
- If we accept your application for the free cover, Velosure will issue a Velosure Premium Bicycle Insurance policy, but with the following modifications to the Velosure Premium Bicycle Insurance policy (which will be noted in your insurance certificate):
- worldwide cover will not be included;
- Racing cover is not included
- in the event of a claim a fixed excess of $250 will apply for each loss event
- double excess will be applicable when your bicycle is stolen from a common property area.
- You are required to provide a copy of the original purchase receipt for the New Bicycle to us, should a claim arise.
- You must meet all terms and conditions of the issued insurance policy. Limits and exclusions of the policy also apply to your cover.
- The free cover will not cover any orders that are damaged/stolen when being shipped to you when ordering your bicycle online.
- If you breach these terms and conditions before becoming entitled to the New Bike Day campaign, Velosure may elect not to award you with the offer, acting reasonably. If Velosure discovers the breach after the offer has been awarded, then Velosure may decide, acting reasonably, to:
- terminate the cover; or
- not pay the claim; or
- if you act fraudulently, treat as if the cover never existed.
- Velosure or Hollard is not liable for any loss or damage suffered because of this promotion (except that which cannot be excluded by law).
- Any pre-existing damage or damage before taking out the cover will not be covered.
- Cover does not include any cover for bicycles bought second-hand or where you are not the first owner.
- Velosure is solely responsible for all representations made regarding this New Bike Day campaign.
- The Velosure Basic & Premium Bicycle Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) is applicable to the cover provided under the New Bike Day promotion, you must observe and fulfil all of its terms and the terms and conditions above in order for the cover under this policy to be valid.